Friday 18 March 2016

You'll like this.....

A pod of Bottlenose Dolphins went north close inshore past Whitburn Obs 09.50-10.00 this morning. The sea watch was very poor despite the northerly and nice grey sea, i was just thinking i wasn't liking it a lot and could do with Paul Daniels conjuring me some magic when hey presto! Thanks Paul
I could see some Dolphins moving north close in with Gulls following which always helps to keep track on them. I managed to get some film so if its any good i will post it
This is what i saw today in order of appearance

Friday 18th March 05.55-10.10 N2-3 cloud cover drizzle at times

Common Gull 43n 2s
Black h Gull 6n 5s
Fulmar 109n
Gannet 31n
Common Scoter 16n
Shelduck 2s
Red th Diver 1n 1s
Eider 3s
Goldeneye 6n 1s
Shag 3s
09.50-10.00 Bottlenose Dolphin pod of 6 plus north close inshore tracked by gulls
Long tailed Tit 4ish around Obs as i left

Sadly my morning was spoiled by the actions of some local vandals, i heard the crack of wood as i went up the obs path and turned the corner to see 4 youths standing next to the broken no bridle path sign. I challenged them but 3 ran toward the car park and one towards the obs. I couldn't give chase as I've injured my leg and can hardly walk. They were school kids on an outing at the country park so i made a call and hopefully they will get a lecture and behave better in future