Tuesday 15 July 2014

No dogs allowed...

2 Roseate Terns and an Arctic Skua passed Whitburn Obs early this morning. It was business as usual today after a day off on Monday due to world cup excesses. I didn't expect much on a strong westerly with bright sun and i didn't get much except for a couple of quality birds. A passing birder? called into the obs with his dog in tow, a Red Setter type which pounded towards me and my expensive optics on a retractable lead. My heart was in my mouth. He asked if he could join me but i politely said his dog could not and he moved on
This is what i managed to see in order of appearance

Tuesday 15th July 04.45-07.00 W2-3 bright sun

Sandwich Tern 28n 89s
Common Tern 2n 10s
Swift 40s
Common Gull 1s
Manx Shearwater 2n
Black h Gull 5s
Common Scoter 35n
Curlew 2n
Arctic Tern 7n 1s
Redshank 2s
Roseate Tern 2n
Eider 1n
Bar t Godwit 1n Arctic Skua 1s
Gropper reeling