Wednesday 30 April 2014

aint no (RB)Flys on me

A Short eared Owl was flying west over the country park as i arrived at Whitburn Obs early this morning.No fog meant a welcome return to sea watching and a good selection of birds passed. I checked out the big mound after my watch but had no sight or sound from yesterdays Red breasted Flycatcher. I t had called for me on a number of occasions yesterday afternoon but no sign today, a nice find by Dave Foster
Here is what i saw on my sea watch in order of appearance

Wednesday 30th April 05.35-07.00 S2 early mist but otherwise good visibility

Cormorant 1n 12s
Gannet 13n 11s
Common Scoter 1n 5s
Sandwich Tern 1n 42s
Common Tern 11s
Arctic Tern 10s
Mallard 1n
Red br Merganser 2s
Common Gull 11n 40s
Shelduck 2n 6s
Puffin 1n
Teal 3s
Whimbrel 1n 1s
Bar tailed Godwit 1s
Eider 1n
Wigeon 1s
Shag 1s
Red th Diver 1s