Saturday 1 March 2014

mad as a hatter

no birds of note passed Whitburn obs by 9.30 this morning except 2 Yellowhammer's that only new Mark saw fly over the Obs. I pointed out they were a mega, you just don't see them these days, didn't even get one on last years obs year list.......i gave it an hour but they did not return, bugger yes i was mad as a hatter.  I did add Chaffinch and Lesser b b Gull to bring my obs year list to74
This is what we did see in order of appearance and it wasn't up to much

Saturday 1st March 06.30-09.30 SW1-2 cloud cover

Cormorant 3n 18s
Black h Gull 24n 36s
Eider 4n 4s
Porpoise 2
Shelduck 2n
Red th Diver 8n 3s
Guillemot 2n
Curlew 8n
Redshank 1n
Common Scoter 2s
Mallard 3
Tufted Duck 1s
Lesser B B Gull 1s
Gannet 2n

I decided to go county year listing in an effort to cheer myself up and managed to see Mealy Redpoll (thanks Chris) and Bittern bringing my county list to 142, lets hope for a better sea watch tomorrow.